Sir Dagonet: Development 2

 

Now I'm afraid

Not afraid of the pink blob, I'm afraid of object-oriented code inside of Gdevelop. Turns out Gdevelop doesn't like it. That made implementing a kill function a bit difficult, but I got there in the end. Let's have a look at how it works now that it does work.


Its working!

This little chunk of code lets me use a Boolean like a function, if its ever set to true we run our code. Its a pretty simple thing, if I want the player character to be killed by something I set the value of kill to true. 
like this

You might notice that in the first code block I don't just delete the player I also create a new player object at "SpawnSprite". Well as part of this kill code I have also implemented respawning.

The little guy is the spawn sprite

When the player touches a flag the spawn sprite moves to sit above the active flag. When the player dies he respawns wherever the sprite is. 

Now that a player can die and respawn I actually make a game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction & how I got into games

Exploring Gdevelop: Part 3, Shifting Gears

Platformer Pitch: AxeMan Adventures