Platformer Pitch: Sir Dagonet!

After my first pitch I came home from class and thought about it again, I'm happy with what I managed to accomplish in 15 minutes but as I'm expected to actually create something from my design, I decided to give it another go.

Also, there is a Gdevelop game jam running right now, sadly I only realised this now that there is 14 hours left to submit a game of the 9 days that were originally given. This being the case I know I won't be submitting for it, but I think that in the spirit of the thing my game should follow the game jam theme. The theme is Off/On.

Sir Dagonet!

Sir Dagonet is a member of king Arthurs court who is in reality a jester in a suit of armour and is quite cowardly. While in his armour Dagonet puts on a brave face to do combat with evil, in this mode Dagonet can swing his sword as well as perform standard movement and jumps. However, if Dagonet takes damage from his foes or the environment (such as spike traps or falling boulders etc) his armour is knocked off of his body. In this mode Dagonet cowers in fear and can no longer attack his enemies but instead must flee with much increased speed and manoeuvrability, while fleeing Dagonet can also double jump and wall jump without his heavy armour getting in the way.  If Dagonet takes damage without his armour, he will surely perish and be forced back to the last checkpoint. Luckily Dagonet can recover his armour as it is not destroyed when knocked off him but instead thrown some distance away across the screen. 

How its Played

As Dagonet move set is limited to basic movement, double jump, wall jump, and attack it would be simple to have multiple control schemes, however my first choice would be WASD movement with space for jumping and shift for attack, this way I can comfortably play on my laptop with just one hand. 

Three Unique Selling Points 

Choose how you will handle a level, will you don your armour and sally forth to meet evil head on, or throw off the heavy armour to run free and quickly past your enemies? 

Battle through iconic Arthurian adventures, flee from Mordred's army, face the green knight's challenge.

Classic platformer gameplay, relive the era of MegaMan and Mario with that classic platforming feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction & how I got into games

Exploring Gdevelop: Part 3, Shifting Gears

Platformer Pitch: AxeMan Adventures