Assignment 2: One Page Design Doc & One Page Sell Sheet

 

I know what you're thinking, and yes. It is worth 30%.


The first Assignment for my Game Design unit is this blog as an overall product, were still chipping away at that (obviously) so while were at it lets go over my 2nd Assignment.

In short, I am to produce a "one sheet" and a "one page" design document for a game that I may go on to produce as my final assignment. the names "one sheet" and "one page" are horribly undescriptive and so easy to mix up so moving forward I will be referring to them as a Sell Sheet and a Design Page.

In more detail;

A Sell Sheet is an attractive, single sided, A4 pitch document designed to help readers understand the vision of your game and achieve buy-in. It is something you could hand individuals interested in helping to develop your game (as developers, publishers, investors or in other roles). Think of something halfway between a poster and a business card.

Example of a Sell Sheet for a pinball machine


A Design Page is a poster-sized document (A3) that is customized to the game, and the style of the
designer. The goal is to be a reference tool that team members can glance at and know what to build or iterate upon. It must contain roughly enough information that it could be handed off to a team to who could then build the game from the document without needing me there to guide them through it. 

Example of a Design Page (I actually had this one as a kid)


I've decided that since I'm working on actual driving at the moment and I think it's the most fun Idea of the three games I have pitched here on my blog, I'll use it for this assignment, Next post will go over my submission. Then I'll get back to developing the game.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction & how I got into games

Exploring Gdevelop: Part 3, Shifting Gears

Platformer Pitch: AxeMan Adventures