Exploring Gdevelop: Part2, E1M1


After setting myself the task of recreating E1M1 from DOOM. I went about finding guides for making an FPS in Gdevelop, I found a few games people had made and Gdevelop had recently had a game jam with the theme, 3D games. The most significant find in this search was this Itch.io page.

https://pandako.itch.io/with-threejs-extension-for-gdevelop

Pandako's WithThreeJs extension for Gdevelop, now this isn't the official 3D for Gdev but I don't care when my dreams of DOOM are so close. After sometime and messing about with the extension I am so proud to show the first ever fruit of game dev labour. Let me welcome you to, working mouse look! 



That might be not be so impressive but damn am I happy about it, this took the better part of a day and a lot of learning how to use Gdevelop. Next I quickly got my gun firing, another major milestone. Despite the fact that the bullets aren't coming from the gun and for some reason I cant shoot up or down, all bullets are stuck on a flat plane.


And then I started working on Jumping, however this left me simply falling through the floor and after much messing about I decided that in order to continue with development, jumping could wait for another day. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction & how I got into games

Exploring Gdevelop: Part 3, Shifting Gears

Platformer Pitch: AxeMan Adventures